Thursday, May 21, 2020



I Love My Backyard!

 

Everything's blooming--these two bushes, sun stars, almost overwhelming now, 
were quite small when I planted them a few years ago.


 
Things grow so fast in  Southern California.
 
 

Roses galore. 

 

Yellow tickseed,  purple salvia, and what I think is orange aster .



My favorite, nasturtiums, which I have to coax into existence in Chocorua 
but which self-seed and grow riotously here in SoCal.



The gnarly old pineapple guava right outside my kitchen window
which has been blossoming like mad for the last month.


Cheeky squirrel up at dawn, there 'til dusk, nibbling away.


Sweet black phoebe on her favorite perch, comes in the afternoon to hunt for insects. 

 

I love to have lunch out here in the newly painted red chairs,
see the flowers, watch the birds, give pause to that squirrel.
 

2 comments:

  1. So lush -- just beautiful!
    You know you can eat nasturtiums as well as look at them.

    ReplyDelete