Sunday, May 3, 2020




Toby's 80th

 
 
Not, of course, the gayest celebration with him in his bed and care home and me taking this photo outside his window.  No one is allowed in because of Covid-19.  
 
 
 
Nonette, the helper, is showing Toby the Page Bethel clan singing happy birthday to him.
Don't think this will play here--but Rachel jumped into the video just as it started.
 
 
 
The Page Kender clan backed two birthday cakes--one for Toby which Sam and Max delivered to his home and then wished him a happy birthday outside his window.
The other cake we had for dinner that evening in their backyard with our 6 ft. distancing.  I pulled my small table in just a little closer to them this time-- relaxing the rules I guess.
 
 
 
And what a great meal it was--lasagna with oodles of veggies and two kinds of Parmesan sauce and a pesto.  Truly amazing and delicious.  Toby would have loved it. 
 
I miss my good, brave Toby.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment