Saturday, August 28, 2010

Improvements



These last few days have been busy in Chocorua.
Amy and Thad finally finished the shingling--Toby helped (and I should have too, but there was stuff I had to paint). The scaffolding is all down now, the gas tanks back in their proper place, all the debris picked up. It's gorgeous, but I was so used to seeing it messy that it looks just a little too plain to me now. Flowers--I'll plant tons of flowers there for next summer.



And finally we got a grill!
Here's Toby overseeing our first, and so far only, outdoor dinner.
Of course mistakes were made--I put too much oil on the food, we charred the corn, and didn't dare to grill the fish--we cooked that on the stove inside.
But by and large, the meal was pretty good and we're confident that we'll get the hang of it before long.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try another meal on that grill! And soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you guys are amazing with the many projects! we can't wait to come join you - in just a few days now!!

    ReplyDelete