Monday, August 22, 2011




Tamworth Artisans' Coop



I've joined this artisans' group from Chocorua, Tamworth and the area around. It's fun to have a place to show and sell my furniture and to get to know some of the local artists. Also many others as I work there from time to time--




Besides my furniture, there's pottery, jewelry, glass, carved granite, quilted pieces, and lots of other things including, as might be expected, many, many, exceedingly MANY painted and photographed images of Chocorua Mountain and Lake.




Last Saturday I brought Tulip in with me. She sniffed around, gazed at the chickens in the back yard, seemed bored. But at 4pm a bevy of little girls entered and, when they saw Tulip, sat on the floor, talked to her, patted her, loved her, told her about their cats. She was ecstatic--licking each of them on the face. I made no sales, but Tulip was happy.

There's something mysteriously magnetic between a dog and a child. Toby and I were down at Mass. General last week (he for a routine check-up). As I walked Tulip around outside the Yawkee Medical Pavilion, a little girl spotted her and said over and over to her mother: "Look, there's a dog!!"--the mom paid no attention. Then I watched the eyes of a boy in a wheel chair get larger and larger as he spied Tulip. He didn't say anything--he just watched. The grown-ups didn't notice her, for the most part, but the kids were awed.

No comments:

Post a Comment